Of all the world's great peaks, Kanchenjunga (sacred house of the gems) at 8586 m. is the third highest mountain in the world. It sits loftily on the Nepal/Sikkim border in the east and south of Tibet border. This route was opened to the trekkers in 1988. This great peak is the Eastern Corner Stone of the Nepalese. Himalayas, watershed of the Tamur Koshi River. This area although with a vast range of elevations and temperatures, has fairly easy access and is in fact topographically hospitable. Also, this is an ideal trek for those who already know Nepal and want to get away from the better known areas and visit a remoter part where few foreigners have penetrated.
It is the last camp before the south face situated less than 5000 m. offers a glorious panorama from the crest of moraines. You come back by the village of Ghunsa, built with wooden house where the Tibetan have been living for the past 30 years.
Day 01 : Welcome to Nepal, upon your arrival in Nepal our representative welcome and assists to transfer hotel evening welcome dinner.
Day 02 : Kathmandu valley tours and preparation for Kanchenjunga trek.
Day 03 : Flight to Suketar then trek to Lali Kharka (2266m).
Day 04 : Trek from Lali Kharka to Khesewa (2125m).
Day 05 : Trek from Khesewa to Mamankhe (1786m).
Day 06 : Trek from Mamankhe to Yamphudin (1692m).
Day 07 : Trek from Yamphudin to Tortong (2980m).
Day 08 : Trek from Tortong to Tseram (3868m).
Day 09 : Trek from Tseram to Ramche (4610m).
Day 10 : Explore South base camp and Yalung Glacier and back to Ramche.
Day 11 : Trek from Ramche to Tseram (3868m)
Day 12 : Trek from Tseram to Ghunsa via Sinelapche, Mirgin la (4645m).
Day 13 : Rest day at Ghunsa (3415m).
Day 14 : Trek from Ghunsa to Gyabla (2730m).
Day 15 : Trek from Gyabla to Amjilosa (2498m).
Day 16 : Trek from Amjilosa to Lelep (1470m).
Day 17 : Trek from Lelep to Chiruwa (1185m).
Day 18 : Trek from Chhiruwa to Mitlung (890m).
Day 19 : Trek from Mitlung to Taplejung (1820m).
Day 20 : Drive from Taplejung to Kathmandu, evening farewell dinner.
Day 21 : After this amazing Kanchenjunga south base camp trek if you are interested for other activities like Safari, Rafting,Biking, Tours, Peak climbing or more trekking in other region we organize trip according to your desire. If you decide to leave Nepal we will transfer to airport for your onward destination
- International and domestic airport arrivals and departures
- Accommodation at hotel in Kathmandu on BB plan ( as per the choice of the trekkers )
- Domestic flight fare including airport tax as per the itinerary.
- All necessary paperwork for permit ( national park entrance, TIMS card )
- Accommodation at the hotels / lodges in the trekking trail
- All meals ( breakfast, lunch and dinner ) in the trekking
- An experienced English speaking trek leader ( trekking guide ) and assistant trekking guide ( 4 trekking members ), and porters ( one porter between two trekkers ) to carry luggage including their meals, accommodation, wages, equipment and accident insurance.
- First aid medical kit
- All government and local taxes
- Farewell dinner
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Nepal visa fee
- Excess baggage charges for the domestic flight
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Travel and rescue insurance for trekking members
- Any additional expenses due to domestic flight delay or cancellation
- Any other expenses of personal nature ( phone calls, laundry, bar bills battery recharge, hot shower and boiled water in the trekking ).
- Gratuity for the trekking staffs